Jump to navigation Jump to search
kimden/stk-code is a modified version of STK servers, created by kimden.
Servers using kimden/stk-code
- Possibility to have a proper Grand Prix server: doesn't become private after the start, players can use different karts in different races, players can join or leave, added custom scoring.
- Possibility to play a Gnu Elimination
- Soccer tournament mode: the first mode to have players colored in 3 colors, enforces rules of soccer tournament provided in config file and has numerous options for it.
- Possibility to have a table of records for racing servers and notify a player if he has beaten a record
- Possibility to record ghost replays on a server if the player agrees
- Angry owner mode: with password available only to owner, the owner can become invulnerable to kicks and kick (or temporarily ban) annoying players even being not a crowned player. There are also some other functions like forbidding to start the game.
- Possibility to force players to have certain number of certain addons (karts, tracks, battle arenas and/or soccer fields) to enter the server
- Possibility to send messages only to certain players
/teamchat: a command that makes messages to be received only by teammates in team-based gamemodes. Unlike built-in button (that appeared much later), works also in the lobby.
- Auto spectating mode (
/spectate) slightly differs from the main STK and is actively used in servers on which not all players are intended to play.
- Possibility to make a server where only the crowned player can play
- Possibility to provide information to players using
/helpcommand without making server description long
- Possibility to force players to have certain tracks/arenas to enter the server
- Possibility to enable (or disable) only a fixed subset of tracks/arenas on the server
- Possibility to have a server with fixed lap count (up to 255) and/or fixed number of goals/duration of soccer game
- Possibility to forbid certain difficulties and/or modes on a configurable server
- Possibility to create chat-only server
- Possibility to disable kicks on a server with crowned player
- Possibility for players to send a message to the server owner (works like a report in the database), and for the server owner to send one-time messages to certain players.
- Possibility to store the facts of one player kicking another in a database with reports
- Possibility to have "unfair teams" in team-based gamemodes (like 1 vs 7)
- Possibility to predefine the first several tracks played on the server
- Possibility to allow a predefined list of players to enter anything as a password for a private server
- Possibility to not show mobile icons near players' names
- Possibility to get rid of own goals and replace most of them with normal goals using the principle "the scorer is the one who touched last from the scoring team"
max-moveable-objectsis changed to 30 to allow tracks like bowling to work
- The main issue: the code is not intended to change client side code, instead, the code is meant to somehow work with the existing clients who actually have no idea about other versions.
- The server database should be slightly changed to use this version.
- Auto spectating mode and servers with only crowned player in action have some bugs.
- Grands Prix also have bugs.